Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, May 25, 2013

See you on Sunday at 5 p.m - 5-6-13



Helloooooo everybodyyyyyy!

Well, first things first... We're gonna try to do the Skype session at about 5pm (your time) on Sunday the 12th Mother's Day. I'm pretty sure that you guys are an hour behind me so I'll be online around 6pm (my time). Just in case I made a mistake, you should keep the computer on with Skype running about an hour before. If something weird happens I'll just call home, but everything should go well. We've got everything set up and we'll be borrowing a member's really nice laptop so that the connection isn't slow...

This week has been okay. Nothing too special, but nothing bad either. The weather has been cooler because of another Norte. That's a real blessing because they say that May is the hottest month of the year. I'm not having any medical problems anymore. The doctor I saw didn't diagnose me with anything in particular. I'm pretty sure he just gave me some anti diarrhea stuff, but it sure did the trick.

The little girl didn't get baptized this week either because she got sick with a bad fever Saturday night. I'm not worried though, we're going to keep visiting her until she get's baptized. She'll get wet eventually. :)

There's not much to say about his week, because not much happened really. We ended up having to go to Tuxtepec again for a district leader meeting. It was nice for me because I got to play some piano and talk with my good buddy Elder Watson. I must say though, I feel like I've spent more time in taxis and buses than in lessons this transfer. Speaking of which... transfers will be the 14th and I don't really want to leave. I like this area and my companion is my best friend. Still, I'll go where the Lord wants me to go.

Mom - Mommy! Happy (late) anniversary! Can't wait to see you on Sunday! You asked if I like things structured. I say that I do, but I like them structured my way. Still, things are cool. :) Today it's pretty hot, but not as hot as some other days. I think it'll start cooling back down again soon. I'm not sure when they'll make me a senior companion. I think it'll be soon, but who knows? I think I'm ready for it if that's what the Lord wants me to be. As for a package... I really like photos of the family and I can always go for cream filled stuff. Twinkies, Oreos, Zingers... whatever. What I really want is a Dr. Pepper, but I'll just have to wait for one of those. ;) Just know that you're in my thoughts every day. :) See you in a few days! Love you tons!

Dad - Happy Anniversary! I hope you two had a good time! Honestly when you mentioned the lawn it made me slightly homesick. They don't really have grass here like we do back home. One of the first things I want to do when I get home is lay in the grass. If you decide to redo the lawn you gotta be sure to send me some pictures! I think that's kinda funny that you ended up with that dog. I'm sure you'll whip it into shape. ;) It's a good test in patience. :) Think of some questions or stories you'd like to hear for the Skype session on Sunday. You always think of good questions. :) Can't wait to talk to you again! Love you!

I just want to finish by bearing my testimony of the truthfulness of this Church. I know with all my heart that this Church contains the true restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I testify that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that by accepting Him we can find true happiness in this life. I urge you all to keep improving within the Gospel and to enjoy life. Take the time to love someone. Show Christ your love for Him by feeding His sheep. I know that by serving others, we are only in the service of our God.

I love you guys and can't wait to see you all on Sunday! Stay safe and have some fun this week!

Love,
Elder Sean Kyle Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment