Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mr. Toilet...You're my only friend 4-29-13



Hi everyone!

A few things have happened since last week, but nothing too exciting. As far as the work goes, we had a bautizona set up for this past weekend (the 27th) and we actually had a baptism lined up. It's a little nine year old girl that super funny. She was a lot of fun to teach because she's got a lot of energy. She has ADD or something but she actually paid really good attention and learned well. We have to wait for this coming week for her baptism though because there was a death in the family. He died the day before the scheduled baptismal date and we just thought "No...". At first we were like "well let's baptize her now" but we knew that's not how things should be done. We'll have plenty of chances to baptize, but this little girl will only be baptized once. Better to make it special and memorable than to do it quick. So we failed our goal and our leaders kinda got mad at us, but oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles. She'll get baptized this coming Saturday. :)

We also had a multi-zone conference this week. The mission president, his wife, and his assistants spoke. It was cool, but at the same time it stank because he planched us a lot. (To planch is to chew out or scold though it literally means to iron in Spanish) It was a good learning opportunity, but conferences always are rough because Pres always makes new rules. Rules are good, but they're getting to be a little stifling at times. For example, they're about to start a new rule where we can't eat with sister members alone. This stinks because we almost always eat with them alone because their families are either in school or working. Bummer...

Another reason the conference was rough was because I've been sick to my stomach this past week. I don't know if it was something I ate or what but I've had lot's of diarrhea. Not fun. Let's just say I got better acquainted with our toilet... Anywho, I finally talked with a doctor on Saturday and he gave me some medicine that fixed me right up so no worries. :D

Mom - I'm glad you and Max enjoyed Hawaii. :) Maybe we can go on a trip sometime? ;) Also, congrats on your graduation! It's truly awesome that you were able to complete that goal. I'm happy for you. :) With the Skype thing it turns out we can Skype on Friday the 10th or Sunday the 12th (but not both.) It's your choice. I'd prefer Sunday and I think that would be better for you guys as well. Just let me know the hour! And remember I'm and hour ahead of you guys. So if it's 2 over there it's 3 over here! Can't wait to see you all! Love you tons Mom!

Dad - I always appreciate your words of advice, Dad. That's something that I've come to learn as well. That God is always willing to forgive our failings if we tried our best. And although sometimes it's discouraging to not have large numbers to report I just try to do my best and let the Lord do the rest. For all I know, I'm doing exactly what he wants me to do. There's no point in worrying myself too much over it. I just want to say that I love and miss you Dad. I'm looking forward to spending some time with you. Love you!

In a side note, there's been a rule change where the missionaries can write to their friends now. I've also heard from my friends on missions that the computer time has been extended to an hour and a half. My mission president must not have gotten the memo.... oh well.

Any ways, I just want you all to know that I love each and every one of you. I want you to know that the Church is true. Living the Gospel is the most important thing we can do with our lives followed closely by the family. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he allows us to return to our Heavenly Father.

I love you all and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Be Happy! :D

Love,
Elder Sean Kyle Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment