Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Volleyball anyone?



Hey everyone!

Well, another week has come and gone here in Carlos A. Carrillo. We´ve been working hard, but no luck with a baptism this week. The only news to tell all happened yesterday and today. We had a zone meeting in Tuxtepec yesterday afternoon after church. We have to take a bus to get there and depending on the bus it takes 1 to 2 hours. The meeting was really good. Our leaders talked to us about being motivated in our work. It gave me some new ideas to help me get the most out of my mission. We ended up spending the night in Tuxtepec because the zone leaders had set up a volleyball game with the elders from Tierra blanca. We spent the night with Elder Shirley and my old MTC roommate Elder Watson. It was awesome to catch up with Elder Watson. Today we played well. We changed the teams a couple times and even though I´m not especially good at volleyball, my teams did well. :) We got to eat at Subway before we headed back to our area. I´m sending off this e-mail then it´s back to work! It was nice to relax a little bit more today. As a bonus, a sister convert here offered to clean our house while we were gone. Now I understand where Mom and Dad were coming from when they said they like to come home to a clean house. ;)

Mom - Sounds like you had a crazy weekend. I´m glad you enjoyed it and that you enjoy church. It´s cool that your starting your walks again. Especially since Dad has been joining you. :) The heats been murder this week and it´ll only get worse for the next couple months, but nothing to worry about. I´ll get used to it eventually... and if not, it´s only for about six months anyways. :P  Thanks for your e-mails Mom! I love you tons!

Dad - It sounds like you´re doing well in and enjoying your calling in church. Glad to hear it. :) What you said about time sure is true. It´s so strange, it feels like I haven´t been gone that long, but then again it feels like forever. I have a feeling that time is only going to go by faster and faster as the mission goes on. Like I said to mom, the weather over here is boiling, but it´s nothing I can´t handle. What I wouldn´t give for an air conditioner though! Funny how you grow to appreciate the modern conveniences we have at home when you don´t have them anymore! I always love reading your e-mails Dad. Thanks for your support! I love and miss you Dad.

Well, I´m out of time. I just want to say that this Gospel is so true and brings countless blessings into the lives of those who live it! I love you all and wish the best for you. Stay safe, eat your green vegetables, be happy! :D Love you all!

Love,
Elder Sean Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment