Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Had a little accidente, did we



Hello from Veracruz! Where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm tortillas!

Well, this week we didn't have a baptism, but we managed to find a lot of new investigators. Even better, a lot of them seem very prepared to receive the Gospel. We've been trying to get into the habit of asking everybody for references and constantly searching for teaching opportunities and it's been paying off. Other than that, there isn't really too much to tell about this week. I will relate a funny story from yesterday.

We had church in the afternoon due to a regional conference and we invited all the people we could to come. Well, one of our more promising investigators named Noelia came with her 3 year old son Noe. (Noah) The thing is, Noe has ADHD... really bad. Before the conference started we talked with Noelia outside while Noe ran around. Eventually he ran around the corner and Elder Wheeler and I went looking to see where he went. Well, it turns out that he needed to pee and we planning on doing it out on the lawn. Well, when Elder Wheeler walked around the corner, it must have surprised him or something because Noe started going before he could get his pants down. I walked around the corner just in time to see the wet spot spread from his crotch all the way down to his ankles. Oops. So we ended up waiting for a sister to bring an extra pair of pants. Also, to make a long story short, Noe wouldn't stay calm so we ended up moving to another room that was playing the conference over the speakers. While Noelia listened to the conference and spoke with our ward mission leader, Elder Wheeler and I kept Noe preoccupied. I made him a paper airplane  and my companion drew on the whiteboard with him. It was both kinda fun and a little annoying. Overall, I think it helped Noelia to have a good experience at least. So that's the funny story of the week.

Mom - Sounds like it's mostly been same old same old at home, but I still love hearing your thoughts and what's going on. I'll have to try out that Indian restaurant with you guys when I get back home. I didn't know that Brenda had plans on serving a mission. Good for her. It sounds like there's a lot more sister missionaries entering the field now. I know we're going to be receiving quite a bit more over here.  That TV series about the Bible sounds interesting too. I've definitely gained a greater interesting in Gospel doctrine especially when it involves ideas outside of our religion. Well, keep being the great mother that you are. :) Love you mom.

Dad - Funny that you asked about the Nortes. It got hot again all week until today. I don't know how I'm going to survive later on because they say it gets even hotter in april, may and june. Today is cool and breezy though. I guess I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.  I like what you said about our own conversion. It's true what Lindsey said about the mission. It's a success if you become converted. However, if you work hard to convert others, your own conversion will come as a by product. At least, that's how I see it. It depends on the person though.  I wouldn't be on my mission now if you and Mom hadn't made the necessary changes earlier on. For that, I'm extremely grateful. You may not have been perfect, but you are an exceptional father.  I was also thinking about my upcoming birthday a little. It's nuts that I'm turning twenty. Time really does fly by. The important thing is that we enjoy what time we have. In other news, I'm still getting letters from friends now and then. I'm also getting e-mails from a few friends in the mission field. Thanks as always for your details letters! I love you Dad!

I think that's all I have time for today. Also, my backpack fell apart the other day so I bought a new one today. The other one was cheap and poorly made anyways, but this one should last a while (if not my entire mission).

I just want you all to know that I love and miss you. I'm super proud of the spiritual progress that you've all been making together. Don't forget the importance of studying personally as well. Study the scriptures on your own and share what you learned at dinner time, in the hot tub, or in family home evening. I promise you'll get more out of the scriptures if you do. Remember: Christ lives and loves each of you. So do I. :) I love you with all my heart and pray for you every night. Stay safe and have fun!

Love,
Elder Sean Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment