Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, April 27, 2013

No title this week so just a random sentence



Hiya everybody!

Well, this past week was a good one, but there wasn't exactly a ton of interesting things that happened so sorry if this e-mail is slightly (if not extremely) boring. I guess I'll start with how the work is going. Things seem to really be picking up with my new companion. We've been finding new investigators and helping the ones we have to prepare for baptism. It's been a lot of fun to meet even more new people, plus it doesn't hurt when your companion is your friend. Elder Mendez and I have been getting along great. :) He's a really relaxed, funny missionary and he's just got a way with people. He's always super friendly and knows how to make the members happy. He makes things a lot more fun because we can talk and joke around during our down time. Basically, he helps relieve the stress of missionary work. On top of that, we've got some really good investigators that should be getting baptized soon if all goes well. Fingers crossed!

This week we had an assistant visit us. The mission president is doing something new where there are now four assistants instead of two. Two of them stay in the offices and do the normal assistant stuff and the other two travel to different zones each week to go on divisions with district leaders. We had an Elder Bauman with us for a day. He helped us a lot by showing us new ways to ask for references and giving us tips here and there. He was very chill about the whole thing and was cracking jokes as we walked to appointments. Overall, it was a lot of fun. :)

In our district meeting this last Tuesday the other elders from another area brought a little pin the tail on the donkey game and... my package! I finally got it and I've been enjoying all the treats. I like the little basketball hoop too. :) However, for future notice, all the jolly ranchers got really gooey and sticky. It left nearly everything covered in a bit of goop. It wasn't a big deal since everything had a cover or wrapper, but I think it'd be best if we didn't send any more Jolly Ranchers. Some of the chocolates were warm too, but it wasn't anything that an hour in the fridge couldn't solve! :) Thanks a lot for everything that was in there. I especially appreciated all the notes from everyone. :) I few sisters here found out that it was my birthday and gave us cake. One ended up giving us half the cake for my birthday gift. At her house they had me do a Mexican tradition called the "mordido". It's when the birthday person has to take a small bite directly from the cake with out hands or utensils. What I didn't know is that while they're doing it someone comes up from behind and pushes their face into the cake. Surprise! It was a lot of fun though and my companion went easy on me (meaning he didn't shove my entire face into the cake). ;)

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well back home. I'm super jealous of Max and Kaz though. Max for getting to go to Hawaii and chill with Mom and Kaz for getting to stay home and party with Dad. Oh well, my time will come. ;) I loved the pictures of Dily and baby Weston. Keep them coming. :) How's Dily been doing with a new baby around the house huh? Bet that's interesting.

Only a month and a half left of school huh? That's only one transfer here and boy does the time fly! Pretty soon I'll be at the half way mark! Sounds like Max and Kaz are enjoying themselves. I only hope that they're enjoying the weather now that it's been warming up a bit back home. (Even though there's fresh snow apparently :P) Make sure to take the time to enjoy God's creations. You won't regret it. :)

Well, Mother's Day is coming up in May so we should probably start preparing now for our Skype session. If I'm right, Mother's Day is on the 12th back home, but it's on the 10th here. Our announcement's this week says that we'll be Skyping on the 10th, but we might also be able to do so on the 12th. For now, we'll plan on the 10th to be sure. I think that's a Friday. Let me know at what time you guys want to Skype and we'll plan around it. I'm looking forward to seeing you all with baby Weston. Maybe I'll hear Dily talk this time too! :D

I want to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church of Christ restored to the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I know that Jesus Christ redeemed each and every one of us and allows us to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. The Atonement makes it possible that all of us may become perfected through Christ. No matter what mistakes we've made we can always turn to Him and be washed clean. Scripture reading, daily personal and family prayer, and attending church are the basic things that will help us to build our testimonies. If you ever have a doubt I know that you can do as Joseph Smith did and ask of God. I promise that He will guide you and help you to overcome your trials.

Keep God's commandments, love your family and be happy. Come what may.

I love you all and love reading your e-mails. Someone give Max a noogie and Kaz a wedgie from they're favorite brother. ;) Enjoy life. :)

Love,
your son and brother,
Elder Sean Kyle Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment