Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Transfers headed my way



Well helloooooooo there,

Another week has come and gone... and I´m not sure exactly what to write about so I´m sure I´ll just ramble like I normally do. Sorry! This week was a little rough, but nothing we can't handle. We had a baptism lined up for this last Saturday, but there were problems with his family so it got postponed until next week. But next week FOR SURE! His name is Calixto. He's pretty quiet but he's golden. He was super prepared and I think he'll be faithful for a long time. That's been the main problem around here is that the new converts leave the church within a couple months of their baptisms. That's why I try to really work on developing their testimony. If we baptize them and they don't have one, we're basically setting them up to fail. Calixto is good though. There should be no problems.

This week Elder Wheeler had a big problem with forgetting things. He forgot and umbrella in a member's house, a tape measurer in an investigator's house, some important paperwork in another member's house and our cellphone in a taxi. We managed to get everything else back, but the cell is gone for good. Like I already learned with my camera, if you leave electronics lying around they're as good as gone. So yeah, we don't have a cellphone right now which makes things a bit more difficult. We should be getting a new one... eventually... who knows?

I've been thinking of some things for my birthday package and I've decided I'd like some DayQuill and/or Nyquill capsules. They are really good for the kind of cold viruses around here. Probably because DayQuill doesn't exist over here so the viruses aren't used to it. I'd also really enjoy more shaving razors. To give you a number I'd say 8, but any number is better than none. :) Please and thank you. I finally spent my Christmas money from Grandma and Grandpa Wortham. I got myself a decent hammock. They've got some nice quality ones over here for cheap so I figured I'd get one. They're nice and comfy. :)

Other random news...
  • I almost got bitten by a dog the other day (First time)
  • The weather is HOT
  • I got a ton of letters from various family members and girls. (The other elders were jealous)
  • There's an investigator from my previous area that has a crush on me and keeps trying to contact me. Not fun. 
I know this church is true and that families can be eternal. Do all you can to build up the family while you have the chance! Enjoy each other's company and enjoy the little things! I love you all and I'm counting the days until I can see your faces again!

With all my love,
Elder Sean Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment