Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Friday, December 21, 2012

A new house finally!


Hola mi familia!

I´m not really sure where to start this week. Not much has changed with how we work. We still contact a lot, but now we´ve got a lot of new investigators to work with so we`re focusing on them a bit more. We had five investigators in the chapel on Sunday which is pretty much awesome! It was a pretty good week, but there´s not much to tell about it. Also, I´m in an internet cafe that I can´t upload my photo´s again. Sorry! I really want to send them, but we keep going to stupid cafes. Hopefully I´ll be able to upload them next Monday. Some good news is that I receive a couple letters from friends as well as some e-mails. I got a hand written letter from my friend Megan from college, a DearElder from Jessica Horrocks, and I got e-mails from DJ Mahoney and Nick Romanick. They all definately put a smile on my face. :)

Now here´s the plan for the Skype that I´ve got. I´ll call you guys and we can Skype. Max says he´ll have his Skype up and ready so all I´ll do is sign in and call. I´m told that you want me to Skype on Christmas day at one o´clock (my time) so that´s what I´m planning on doing. I´ll make sure everything is ready on my end, just make sure it´s all good back home. :)

Now I´ll answer all your questions as usual.
Kayla: First off, glad to hear from you. :) The temple isn´t too far from where I live. We have to take a 45 minute bus ride to get there, but that´s not too bad. It´s quicker by taxi, but more expensive so we usually take a bus. We haven´t really visited any historical sites or anything, but there´s plenty of history in the streets (if you count ancient crumbling old apartments and houses). We did go to the Veracruz Aquarium, a wax museum, and a Ripley´s Believe It or Not museum a couple times. They were all pretty cool. They weather is generally still pretty hot, but occasionally we get "Nortes". This is just a bunch of North wind that usually brings rain with it. They´re nice cuz they cool the place down a bit. Here´s what we usually do on P-days: We wash our clothes, clean our house, buy food for the week and whatever else we need, write to our mission president and our families, get haircuts (if we need them), and anything else that needs to get done. We can also visit places like the aquarium or museums, but a lot of them aren´t open on Mondays. Also, we can play volleyball. Only volleyball.... kind of a bummer, but oh well. That´s pretty much it. Once again, I love hearing from you! ;)

Max and Kaz (Fred Flintstone?): You guys didn´t have any questions really, but I wanted to say hi and that I miss you knuckleheads. I love you guys and I´m glad you´re enjoying yourselves. :)
PS. I was the turkey all along!!!

Mom: I don´t think you really had any questions either, but thanks a million for the photos! I love seeing how the family is doing. :) Kaz looks old! What the heck happened! Any ways, I love you Mom. Happy birthday! I´m sorry I can´t be there to give you a huge birthday hug, but I´m sending you one in my head so take a moment and imagine that we´re hugging................................ That was a good hug wasn´t it. ;) Once again, I love you Mom. :)

Dad: Yep, we finally found a house. I guess this is news that everyone probably wants to hear, but I don´t have enough time to go back and edit my e-mail. It´s got three rooms, a small kitchen, and a smaller bathroom, but it´s all good. I´ll take some pictures when we´re all moved in. We should be moving in once we have electricity which will be Tuesday or Wednesday. At the very least, we don´t have to have the distraction of searching for a house anymore. Other than that I don´t think you really had any questions either. Just want to say that I love you and miss you. I can´t wait until I can see you and the whole family again. Love you Dad. :)

I actually have time to write today, but I don´t know what to write about... bummer.... I guess I´ll just bear my testimony. I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that he restored Christ´s church. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called by our Heavenly Father to guide us. I know that only through the Gospel can we obtain true joy in this life. Especially during this time of the year, I want to invite you all to search for Christ in all things. If you´re not praying morning and night, do it. If you´re not reading your scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, do it. Take the time to be a blessing to others and I know that you´ll receive joy and blessings in return. I don´t know if you realize how hard it is for me to be away from the ones I love, but I want to all to know that it is worth it. The Gospel should be the most important thing in our lives along with our families. Don´t neglect to show your love to your family. You never know what you have until it´s gone. Being away from you all has shown me just how much I love you. I think about you all and pray for you daily. Enjoy one another´s company and when I come home I´ll enjoy it with you. :) I love all of you, both family and friends alike. I wish you nothing but the best in your lives. The church is true!

Yo sé que esta iglesia es verdadera. La única manera en lo cual podemos regresar a nuestro Padre Celestial es por medio del Evangelio de Jesucristo. Sé que Él vive y nos ama. Sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Las familias son ordenadas por Dios. Amo a mi familia mucho y quiero a estar con ellos para siempre. Yo sé que podemos vivir con nuestras familias en el reino de Dios si estemos obedientes al Evangelio.

I love you all! :) Until next week!

-Elder Sean Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment