Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Horrocks will be serving in the Mexico, Veracrus mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Some Progress


Hola once again!

I'll get straight to answering the questions real quick. I'm feeling better, no problems. I had a migraine a couple days ago, but that's it. I don't know what mom was asking about with conferences. We haven't had any of those but we did have interviews with the president. That went well. He gave me good advice about my doubts and also pretty much told me not to worry. As far as changing companions goes, we have a transfer in two weeks. Should be the 27th or so. Most likely I'll be staying in 5 de Mayo and Elder Duran will leave. Then I'll get another companion. I'm still liking the food for the most part. Although I must admit, when I get some American food it's like heaven. :) Our ward is pretty small and about half the members are inactive, but it's a good ward. We've blessed the sacrament once and passed it once as well. The only service project we've done so far is helping the bishop clean out his parents old house. Naaaaasty, but it wasn't that bad. We don't teach at church at all. We don't fish anymore because apparently we weren't supposed to. Soooooo no more of that. We're not supposed to be near the ocean. Ooops! Well, now we know. That's pretty much it for your questions.

We took our pants to a member that can adjust them. Hopefully things will turn out well. I'll probably get a Costco card and try to find a camera. I'll let you know how much I spend for that.

Good news this week. We finally got four investigators in the chapel for church! We're hoping for some baptisms this next week. Fingers crossed! That's pretty much all the news for the week. Everything else was pretty much the same.

I'm glad to hear that Mom fasted on fast Sunday. I hope that the rest of the family follows suit. Keep up with the reading the book of mormon. I know it will bless your lives. Otherwise I wouldn't ask you to do it. Also, I hope that you're trying to have family home evening. There are blessings that we recieve from all these things. Sorry my e-mail's kinda short. We don't have much time because of stuff that elder Duran had to do. Kinda frusterating but no problem. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Especially from Kayla and the boys! I love hearing from all of you. This church is true and I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,
-Elder Sean Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment